New craft sessions in Harleston area
NEW craft sessions are on offer in the Harleston area, building on the success of existing sessions.Fortnightly drop-in Knit and Natter and Crochet and Chatter sessions where a cup of coffee and a slice of cake are offered in return for a donation to cancer charities have proved a winning formula for Sara Whiting, with £200 raised this year already.
NEW craft sessions are on offer in the Harleston area, building on the success of existing sessions.
Fortnightly drop-in Knit and Natter and Crochet and Chatter sessions where a cup of coffee and a slice of cake are offered in return for a donation to cancer charities have proved a winning formula for Sara Whiting, with £200 raised this year already.
Now Sara is to expand the range of activities on offer, continuing the informal sessions and adding more structured two-hour and whole day sessions and extended courses.
She hopes more people from the town and neighbouring villages will take the chance to brush up on existing skills or learn a new hobby.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the activities will continue to be free, while some of the workshops, led by experienced local practitioners, will require a small fee.
The sessions are at Sara's Town Living shop in Harleston.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Bookings are being taken for beginners' knitting, beginners crochet, patchwork and quilting, simple sewing, dressmaking, beadwork and jewellery, card-making, Christmas workshops and introduction to embroidery, tapestry and sock creations. Easter workshops are in the pipeline.
Contact Sara on 01379 854749 for details of her autumn programme and future workshops.