New craft sessions in Harleston area
NEW craft sessions are on offer in the Harleston area, building on the success of existing sessions.Fortnightly drop-in Knit and Natter and Crochet and Chatter sessions where a cup of coffee and a slice of cake are offered in return for a donation to cancer charities have proved a winning formula for Sara Whiting, with £200 raised this year already.
NEW craft sessions are on offer in the Harleston area, building on the success of existing sessions.
Fortnightly drop-in Knit and Natter and Crochet and Chatter sessions where a cup of coffee and a slice of cake are offered in return for a donation to cancer charities have proved a winning formula for Sara Whiting, with £200 raised this year already.
Now Sara is to expand the range of activities on offer, continuing the informal sessions and adding more structured two-hour and whole day sessions and extended courses.
She hopes more people from the town and neighbouring villages will take the chance to brush up on existing skills or learn a new hobby.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the activities will continue to be free, while some of the workshops, led by experienced local practitioners, will require a small fee.
The sessions are at Sara's Town Living shop in Harleston.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 6 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 9 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 10 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
Bookings are being taken for beginners' knitting, beginners crochet, patchwork and quilting, simple sewing, dressmaking, beadwork and jewellery, card-making, Christmas workshops and introduction to embroidery, tapestry and sock creations. Easter workshops are in the pipeline.
Contact Sara on 01379 854749 for details of her autumn programme and future workshops.