New craft sessions in Harleston area
NEW craft sessions are on offer in the Harleston area, building on the success of existing sessions.Fortnightly drop-in Knit and Natter and Crochet and Chatter sessions where a cup of coffee and a slice of cake are offered in return for a donation to cancer charities have proved a winning formula for Sara Whiting, with £200 raised this year already.
NEW craft sessions are on offer in the Harleston area, building on the success of existing sessions.
Fortnightly drop-in Knit and Natter and Crochet and Chatter sessions where a cup of coffee and a slice of cake are offered in return for a donation to cancer charities have proved a winning formula for Sara Whiting, with £200 raised this year already.
Now Sara is to expand the range of activities on offer, continuing the informal sessions and adding more structured two-hour and whole day sessions and extended courses.
She hopes more people from the town and neighbouring villages will take the chance to brush up on existing skills or learn a new hobby.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the activities will continue to be free, while some of the workshops, led by experienced local practitioners, will require a small fee.
The sessions are at Sara's Town Living shop in Harleston.
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 4 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 7 Last chance to recognise our social care heroes at the Norfolk Care Awards 2021
- 8 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 9 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
- 10 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
Bookings are being taken for beginners' knitting, beginners crochet, patchwork and quilting, simple sewing, dressmaking, beadwork and jewellery, card-making, Christmas workshops and introduction to embroidery, tapestry and sock creations. Easter workshops are in the pipeline.
Contact Sara on 01379 854749 for details of her autumn programme and future workshops.