New music club aims to hit right notes
A new music club is being launched in Diss this month.Although the format of Diss Acoustic Music Club will be the traditional “sing-around”, it welcome a broad range of players, singers and listeners.
A new music club is being launched in Diss this month.
Although the format of Diss Acoustic Music Club will be the traditional “sing-around”, it welcome a broad range of players, singers and listeners.
The evening time-slot is aimed at the over 16s and hosts David Bringloe and David Young will ensure that everyone gets their turn.
“David and I often meet at the local “buskers' nights” where the hosts and the audience are very friendly. But, not all music is suited to the pub atmosphere,” said Mr Young. “Across the country we have enjoyed the folk club atmosphere when the focus is equally upon listening and performing. In Diss, we want to spread the musical net to include pop, jazz, blues, folk, show-tunes and classical music - anything that you want to perform.
“We are funding a four-month trial with the hope that we shall raise enough money to pay for the hall and make a significant donation to the East Anglian Air Ambulance. If all goes well, we will continue for as long as people want to come and play.”
The club will be launched on Wednesday, April 23, 8-11pm at Taylor Road Hall (near Diss Police Station). Cost is £1 a head
- 1 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 2 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 3 Fears 'intrusive pylons' would surround market town
- 4 Iconic Suffolk Punch foal born - and you can name her
- 5 War memorabilia to be displayed at Armed Forces Day in Diss
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 8 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 9 Threat of more rail disruption as Greater Anglia workers are to be balloted for strikes
- 10 Person taken to hospital and road closed after crash
For further information contacts David Bringloe on 01379 643553 or David Young on 01379 642168.