New music club aims to hit right notes
A new music club is being launched in Diss this month.Although the format of Diss Acoustic Music Club will be the traditional “sing-around”, it welcome a broad range of players, singers and listeners.
A new music club is being launched in Diss this month.
Although the format of Diss Acoustic Music Club will be the traditional “sing-around”, it welcome a broad range of players, singers and listeners.
The evening time-slot is aimed at the over 16s and hosts David Bringloe and David Young will ensure that everyone gets their turn.
“David and I often meet at the local “buskers' nights” where the hosts and the audience are very friendly. But, not all music is suited to the pub atmosphere,” said Mr Young. “Across the country we have enjoyed the folk club atmosphere when the focus is equally upon listening and performing. In Diss, we want to spread the musical net to include pop, jazz, blues, folk, show-tunes and classical music - anything that you want to perform.
You may also want to watch:
“We are funding a four-month trial with the hope that we shall raise enough money to pay for the hall and make a significant donation to the East Anglian Air Ambulance. If all goes well, we will continue for as long as people want to come and play.”
The club will be launched on Wednesday, April 23, 8-11pm at Taylor Road Hall (near Diss Police Station). Cost is £1 a head
- 1 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 2 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 5 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 6 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 7 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 8 The 57 Norfolk and Waveney schools offering summer holiday catch-up classes
- 9 'I was dreading it' - young people share tales of overcoming jab anxiety
- 10 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
For further information contacts David Bringloe on 01379 643553 or David Young on 01379 642168.