New music club aims to hit right notes
A new music club is being launched in Diss this month.Although the format of Diss Acoustic Music Club will be the traditional “sing-around”, it welcome a broad range of players, singers and listeners.
A new music club is being launched in Diss this month.
Although the format of Diss Acoustic Music Club will be the traditional “sing-around”, it welcome a broad range of players, singers and listeners.
The evening time-slot is aimed at the over 16s and hosts David Bringloe and David Young will ensure that everyone gets their turn.
“David and I often meet at the local “buskers' nights” where the hosts and the audience are very friendly. But, not all music is suited to the pub atmosphere,” said Mr Young. “Across the country we have enjoyed the folk club atmosphere when the focus is equally upon listening and performing. In Diss, we want to spread the musical net to include pop, jazz, blues, folk, show-tunes and classical music - anything that you want to perform.
You may also want to watch:
“We are funding a four-month trial with the hope that we shall raise enough money to pay for the hall and make a significant donation to the East Anglian Air Ambulance. If all goes well, we will continue for as long as people want to come and play.”
The club will be launched on Wednesday, April 23, 8-11pm at Taylor Road Hall (near Diss Police Station). Cost is £1 a head
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
For further information contacts David Bringloe on 01379 643553 or David Young on 01379 642168.