Santa’s sleigh tours Harleston to raise money for good causes
- Credit: Harleston and District Round Table
Santa's sleigh has made its return this Christmas in Harleston to raise both good cheer and money for local good causes.
Now an annual festive tradition that has been running for more than 20 years, the event organised by Harleston and District Round Table sees the sleigh bearing Father Christmas tour the town.
The sleigh began its journey on Tuesday and will make its final tour this evening and has already raised money for charity.
Marc Drury, of Harleston and District Round Table, said: 'The response to the annual sleigh tour is as popular as ever and it is certainly a highlight for the community in the lead up to Christmas.
'This is our busiest time of year for fundraising as we, just last weekend, held a charity BBQ stall at the town's Christmas light switch-on which proved to be very successful, then Santa's sleigh and our free pantomime in January.'
You may also want to watch:
The free family production of Aladdin will be staged at Archbishop Sancroft High School on January 6.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021