Talking newspaper plans news quiz
The Wymondham and Attleborough Talking Newspaper is celebrating its 600th edition with a topical news quiz.The show will be in the style of the BBC's Have I Got News for You, and will be included in the 600th edition of the paper, released on January 8.
The Wymondham and Attleborough Talking Newspaper is celebrating its 600th edition with a topical news quiz.
The show will be in the style of the BBC's Have I Got News for You, and will be included in the 600th edition of the paper, released on January 8.
The mayors of Wymondham and Attleborough, councillors Peter Broome and Vera Dale, will be team captains and Tim Warner and Terry Redhead of Archant will complete the line-up.
The teams will be tested on their local knowledge using extracts from the extensive paper's extensive sound archive.
You may also want to watch:
Hosting the show will be ex-television newsreader, Clare Weller, and funds raised from ticket sales will go to the Wymondham Town Mayor's charities.
Chairman of the talking newspaper, Pat Crawford, said: 'This fun quiz will not only be an excellent way for us to record material for our 600th edition but it will also showcase what we have been able to achieve since the service was launched in April 1998.'
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
Tickets for the quiz, which takes place at Fairland Church Centre in Wymondham on Monday, November 30 at 7pm, are available on the door for �3.
For more details contact the newspaper secretary on 01953 605434.