Thought provoker at Diss Film Society
Diss Film Society is showing Away From Her (12A) on Monday at 8pm at the town's Park Hotel.It features Fiona and Grant Anderson, who have been married for 40 years, as they face up to her progressive Alzheimer's disease.
Diss Film Society is showing Away From Her (12A) on Monday at 8pm at the town's Park Hotel.
It features Fiona and Grant Anderson, who have been married for 40 years, as they face up to her progressive Alzheimer's disease. Moving to a home, she develops an affection for a fellow patient and the buried secrets of a marriage emerge.
The tragedy and sometimes humour of the disease are beautifully portrayed by Julie Christie (nominated for an Oscar Best Actress) and Gordon Pinsent, in this intelligent debut by the young Canadian director Sarah Polley, adapted from a story by Alice Munro.
Admission is £4; members £3; students £2.
You may also want to watch:
See www.dissfilmsociety.com for details of the new season and membership.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 5 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 6 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser