Thought provoker at Diss Film Society
Diss Film Society is showing Away From Her (12A) on Monday at 8pm at the town's Park Hotel.It features Fiona and Grant Anderson, who have been married for 40 years, as they face up to her progressive Alzheimer's disease.
Diss Film Society is showing Away From Her (12A) on Monday at 8pm at the town's Park Hotel.
It features Fiona and Grant Anderson, who have been married for 40 years, as they face up to her progressive Alzheimer's disease. Moving to a home, she develops an affection for a fellow patient and the buried secrets of a marriage emerge.
The tragedy and sometimes humour of the disease are beautifully portrayed by Julie Christie (nominated for an Oscar Best Actress) and Gordon Pinsent, in this intelligent debut by the young Canadian director Sarah Polley, adapted from a story by Alice Munro.
Admission is £4; members £3; students £2.
You may also want to watch:
See www.dissfilmsociety.com for details of the new season and membership.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 8 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 9 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 10 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140