Thought provoker at Diss Film Society
Diss Film Society is showing Away From Her (12A) on Monday at 8pm at the town's Park Hotel.It features Fiona and Grant Anderson, who have been married for 40 years, as they face up to her progressive Alzheimer's disease.
Diss Film Society is showing Away From Her (12A) on Monday at 8pm at the town's Park Hotel.
It features Fiona and Grant Anderson, who have been married for 40 years, as they face up to her progressive Alzheimer's disease. Moving to a home, she develops an affection for a fellow patient and the buried secrets of a marriage emerge.
The tragedy and sometimes humour of the disease are beautifully portrayed by Julie Christie (nominated for an Oscar Best Actress) and Gordon Pinsent, in this intelligent debut by the young Canadian director Sarah Polley, adapted from a story by Alice Munro.
Admission is £4; members £3; students £2.
You may also want to watch:
See www.dissfilmsociety.com for details of the new season and membership.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Buildings available to rent in grounds of monastery in Norfolk
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021