‘Small and friendly’ singing group searching for new members
- Credit: Archant
A singing group is offering free taster sessions as it searches for new members.
It would seem that Harleston-based group Too Many Cooks does not have enough 'cooks' as it is offering free sessions on Friday, February 1 from 5.30pm to 7pm and Friday, February 8 from 6pm until 7.30pm in the Swift Bar at The Swan Hotel in Harleston.
The group, led by Janet Koralambe, performs traditional and contemporary British and European folk songs at the Harleston Street Markets.
Organiser, Nicky Stainton, said: 'We have no bookings till the summer so this is a good time for new members to come along and give it a try as we will concentrate on just singing together for enjoyment over the next few months.
'Janet is a fantastic teacher and the group is friendly and welcoming. You do not need to have experience or be able to read music as all songs are taught by ear. We really hope that potential new members will come along and give it a try.'
You may also want to watch:
Sessions normally take place on Fridays from 6pm to 7.30pm and cost £5 each, or £30 for a six-session term. Further information from email@example.com
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway