‘Small and friendly’ singing group searching for new members
- Credit: Archant
A singing group is offering free taster sessions as it searches for new members.
It would seem that Harleston-based group Too Many Cooks does not have enough 'cooks' as it is offering free sessions on Friday, February 1 from 5.30pm to 7pm and Friday, February 8 from 6pm until 7.30pm in the Swift Bar at The Swan Hotel in Harleston.
The group, led by Janet Koralambe, performs traditional and contemporary British and European folk songs at the Harleston Street Markets.
Organiser, Nicky Stainton, said: 'We have no bookings till the summer so this is a good time for new members to come along and give it a try as we will concentrate on just singing together for enjoyment over the next few months.
'Janet is a fantastic teacher and the group is friendly and welcoming. You do not need to have experience or be able to read music as all songs are taught by ear. We really hope that potential new members will come along and give it a try.'
You may also want to watch:
Sessions normally take place on Fridays from 6pm to 7.30pm and cost £5 each, or £30 for a six-session term. Further information from firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village