Village Hall show for Norfolk artist
Norfolk artist Graham Lain, a member of the prestigious Society of Graphic Fine Art, will be holding his eleventh one man show at Ashwellthorpe Village Hall tomorrow , /Saturday and Sunday.
Norfolk artist Graham Lain, a member of the prestigious Society of Graphic Fine Art, will be holding his eleventh one man show at Ashwellthorpe Village Hall tomorrow , /Saturday and Sunday. The event celebrates the 25th anniversary of his first solo exhibition at the hall.
Graham, who is a retired architectural technician, has been painting and drawing for 55 years. He is inspired by the Norfolk countryside and its buildings and his work blends illustration skills and an eye for perspective with a fluidity of movement and clear passion for his subject matter. The majority of work on show will be of South Norfolk scenes but with other parts of the county and UK represented too.
The 2008 exhibition will feature both framed and unframed original watercolours as well as monochrome and coloured reproductions and cards.
The exhibition is open from 2pm - 9pm tomorrow and 10am - 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. Entrance is free but a small charge is made for catalogues. Refreshments are available and money raised from these will be donated to charity.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to arrange an appointment to visit Graham's studio, call 01953 603941.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks